||Day 16 : Book of Micah [ Micah 1-2 ]
- Micah means ‘who is like Yahweh’.
- Micah was from a rural setting (Moresheth Gath) who came to Jerusalem to
preach against it.
- Micah wrote with a few messianic prophecies.
- He prophesied during the reign of Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah Kings of
Judgment Against Samaria And Jerusalem (Micah 1:1-16)
- Idolatory practiced (1:3-7, 6:16).
- Rich exploiting the poor (2:1-2,8-9).
We can see how God leaves his holy temple and comes out to do battle himself! (1:3).
Micah sees the judgment coming and crisis for Judah. He is calling the people to mourn as he can see them going to
Man’s Plans And God’s Plans (Micah 2:1-5)
Men were busy making their own evil plans. Probably their hearts were so hardened that they did not even realize
how evil their plans were. But they forgot that God also does make plans. God was planning a disaster against them
False Prophets (Micah 2:6-13)
We see that the false prophets were terrible.
- They did not want to hear anything about the discipline of God for their
- They loved evil and hated good. The people wanted to hear prophets
prophecy plenty of beer and wine (2:11).
Do we take God’s word seriously in our lives? The Scriptures warns us that the work of Satan could be displayed in
all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing.
They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.
What kind of teachings are you attracted the most to and why?
2 Timothy 4:3-4
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will
gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears
away from the truth and turn aside to myths.